They Didn't Think I Could Overcome My Stress & Anxiety... But I Did And You Can Too!!
My name’s Deb Burns and I became so stressed out that I landed myself in hospital. Stress and anxiety can do that to you if you let it!
I was hospitalised in my mid-thirties as well, and diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder. I spent the following ten years curing myself of that and I thought I was fine.
I thought I knew how to manage stress but I was missing a vital piece of the stress puzzle.
I didn’t understand how to properly meet my needs and I didn’t realise how serious that can be.
I was a mess. I was in tears at the drop of a hat, I couldn’t sleep, I was drinking too much and I ended up in hospital with a psychotic break.
How could this have happened to me?
I had a good job, I’d overcome bi-polar disorder fifteen years earlier! And….I was married to a very successful counsellor who treated people like me every day!
I was also trained in Choice Theory but I thought it was all too simplistic and it couldn’t possibly apply to me because I was just too unwell.
But it did…and as I actively started applying the principles, guided by Jeff, I started to get better, faster than I ever thought possible.
I will never see stress, anxiety, depression or mental illness in the same way again
We are now putting the work that Jeff has done with clients into online courses and the first one is: -
How to Deal with Stress and Anxiety Effectively.
The material in this course has helped thousands of people overcome their stress and anxiety just as it helped me and it can help you too.
We are not slick, flashy or beautiful but we know our stuff from the inside out: -
- Jeff has over 30 years experience counselling and is a faculty member of William Glasser International (Choice Theory Accredited)
- I have experienced and recovered from extreme stress and anxiety using the exact same strategies that Jeff teaches in this course.
In “How to Deal with Stress and Anxiety Effectively”, Jeff guides you step by step through a process that equips you to address the current stress in your life at its core. You will also learn to make choices so that you remain in control of your stress and anxiety moving forward.
Being in charge of your stress leads to a life of peace, productivity and happiness. Who doesn’t want that? You can get it right here.
Jeff has over thirty years experience in supporting people to deal more effectively with stress and anxiety. He has supported teachers, students, parents, employees and business owners. In fact there would hardly be a section of the community Jeff hasn't supported. Now with this online course he can support you.
Jeff bases his counselling on Choice Theory, which was developed by Dr WIlliam Glasser. You can read more about that here.
We've broken the course up into 15 short videos that you can do at your own pace. Activities go along with most of videos so that you can apply what you learn in the videos to your own life and situation.
Topics covered include:-
- What is Stress? Where does it come from? What are the causes and why does it feel so bad?
- The Needs that Drive all your Behaviour. Why is your stress and anxiety so tightly linked to the ways you are meeting your needs?
- Your Quality World: the pictures you have in your mind and believe to be the best way to meet your needs.
- Your Perceived World: the way you see and try to make sense of the world around you.
- Your Comparing Place: where you place your Quality World picture next to your Perceived World picture and decide whether you are meeting your needs or not.
- Is Stress a Mental Illness? You might be surprised at the answer.
- First Aid for Distress. Most stress support is just a bandaid. This course goes way beyond that to the causes and the solutions.
What You'll Learn?
- The physiological effects of stress
- The only things you can change
- Your personal Needs Profile
- How to self-evaluate your behaviours that are creating your stress
- Choice Theory basics
What You'll Need?
- Access to the Internet, a computer or tablet and preferably a printer.
- An ability to take on new information and a willingness to change your behvaiours
- A small amount of time to reset your life, while you work through the modules and develop your personal life plan.
I was first introduced to Choice Theory in 2016 and then went on to do Basic Intensive training with Jeff. Learning Choice Theory and applying it daily has changed my life, my relationships, my work and my stress levels. I absolutely love it because it works, it does make a difference and it does give you personal freedom. What I love the most about Choice Theory is that it sits perfectly with my Christian Faith and my growth as a person , and you can draw on its core teaching , time and time again.
Jeff is an absolute pro and guru as a Choice Theory facilitator. He is so good at what he does. I have learnt from the best.
Thank you so much Jeff and Deb. It's great that you are taking this one step further and sharing it to a much wider audience. I can absolutely guarantee everyone benefits from Choice Theory internal control psychology , and if everyone applies it to their daily life this world will be a much better place. Amen. Written with love and immense gratitude. Amanda Blandford: East Gippsland, Victoria, Australia